Friday, October 24, 2008

EDM 1 and more




I am not as prolific as so many of you on this blog--but I am starting! Here is my EDM #1--one of my shoes. It was fun! I love the list to go from because there are so many things on there that I would never think of drawing, but realize that each one will force me to draw what I actually see not what I think I see.
This is a card that I am sending out to family and friends. I figured that doing cards helps me in many ways--1) getting over the fear of having my work in other's hands, 2) gives me lots of opportunity to practice, practice, practice & 3) keeps me in touch with those I love!
After seeing the Guardian Angel on TheHappyPainter's blog, I realized that I now had a good example to put into the painting that my daughter-in-law has wanted me to paint for my granddaughter. I have changed her position, but used the same technique. I will post the final painting after Christmas.


9 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

I love all of these but especially the top one of the angel. Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

These are all great.. But I also especially enjoyed the Angel. Great Job..

Margaret Ann said...

Great perspective on the shoe! :)

amberlynne said...

I LOVE it! I also love my sunflower card and the purple backround!!!

The Best Decade said...

Aren't scanners funny? The backround color on the sunflower painting that was scanned is purple!

lyn said...

Keep painting! love the grapes!

BARBARA WEEKS said...

Great drawing-great shoes!

Timaree said...

I enjoyed the sunflower although your fairy was very sweet - something my daughter would love. I agree that the challenges get us to drawing things we ordinarily wouldn't which is good for us. Keeps me from settling for just the simple being new to doing real drawing (I've sketched out projects before but didn't draw just to draw).

Lisa Adams Reed said...

You are rockin and rollin! I love your sunflower!
Lisa